John E. Batty, like all schools, has a group of dedicated people appointed or elected, who meet regularly to discuss and work for the well-being of the school. They have a great deal of influence in school management – particularly over long-term planning and developments. They work in partnership with the head, teachers and the Galileo Multi-Academy Trust, considering issues as wide-ranging policies and procedures.
The school has two parent governors. Election for these positions takes place every four years. Should any parent wish to contact the Governors, they can do so by calling the school office to obtain contact details. A meeting of all governors is held at least once during each half term term.
Introducing the Governors
- The Chair of Governors: Mrs Lesley Webster
- Vice Chair of Governors: Mrs Hayley Lambert
- Staff Governor: Mrs Julie Norris
- Co-opted Governor: Rev. Rachel Harrison
- Co-opted Governor: Miss Patricia Rutherford
- Parent Governor: Mrs Claire Griffiths
- Head Teacher: Mr Martin Kitchen
Further details can be viewed in the download section, along with the current committee structure and remits.
If you have any questions about the role of the governors, or would like to contact one of them, please do not hesitate to give us a call.