The school carries out a comprehensive annual survey of the parents opinions of their childs experiences at John E. Batty. The latest survey indicated that:
- 100% of parents were satisfied overall with the service the school provides, with 76% being very satisfied.
- 97% of parents thought the school was well led.
- 100% of parents stated they were happy with their child’s progress in school.
- 100% of parents stated their child felt safe in school.
- 98% of parents stated their child liked going to school and are excited by the experiences they are presented with.
- 100% of parents stated they felt their childs teacher had the skills and knowledge to effectively teach their child.
Please see the link below to the survey results in their entirety.
During our latest Ofsted inspection we were very pleased with, and grateful for, the level of parental support we received. This is the official means by which Ofsted collect parents’ and carers’ views. We were particularly pleased with the percentage of parents and carers that agreed they would recommend the school to other people. Please find below a link to our Parent View results to-date. This shows that 98% of parents and carers would recommend the school to other people.
We also receive written feedback from parents and carers. Please take a few moments to read some of the comments made about the school.
- A nice small community school which has a village feel in a town environment. (Parents/Carers Comment)
- Very strong leadership team. Excellent communication. Parents feel welcome. (Parents/Carers Comment)
- I have always found the help my daughter gets from the teachers is fantastic. (Parents/Carers Comment)
- For me this is the best school my children could ask for. (Parents/Carers Comment)
- Great opportunities for extra-curricular activities. (Parents/Carers Comment)
- I like the fact it is a small school with small class numbers. Due to this each child gets a lot of attention and the opportunity to get to know the staff and children from different classes. (Parents/Carers Comment)
- Good motivating teaching with a fun element. Welcome and friendly staff. My child enjoys school. (Parents/Carers Comment)
- There is lots of times my children have come out of school excited to tell me the things they have learnt, this is lovely to see. (Parents/Carers Comment)
- This is a friendly and happy school with a relaxed atmosphere which enables children to learn as individuals. (Parents/Carers Comment)
- My child is seen as an individual with different needs. (Parents/Carers Comment)
- My child has grew enormously in confidence in the past 4 years, I believe this is the result of a excellent team surrounding her. (Parents/Carers Comment)
- Teachers and TAs, the head and even the office and dinner ladies have really shown exceptional care for my child when she has had conditions, illnesses and this has supported myself as well as my young child. (Parents/Carers Comment)
- All staff support each other and all the children seem happy in the surrounding environment. (Parents/Carers Comment)
- It feels like a community and staff are approachable. Because of this children enjoy attending and feel part of the school. (Parents/Carers Comment)
- The teachers are so nice to the children. (Parents/Carers Comment)
- The staff at the school are very fair and approachable. The school is respected in the community as a good place for children to learn. (Parents/Carers Comment)
- You do a lot of topic related interactive activities that the children are excited by and love doing. Also lots of free out of school classes. (Parents/Carers Comment)
- Both my children enjoy coming to school and I’m very happy with the progress they are both making. The teachers and staff are approachable. (Parents/Carers Comment)
- The children are encouraged to have a rounded life, with merit being placed on extra curricular activities. (Parents/Carers Comment)
- I can only comment on my childs progress based on her moving from another school. I believe that since starting J.E.B. she has improved immensely in all areas of her work. (Parents/Carers Comment)
- I love the close knit feel of the school and appreciate all the extra- curricular activities and sporting events. (Parents/Carers Comment)
- I feel valued as a “single parent”, I don’t normally use or even like this term. However, it’s never affected me to feel “less” or “just” at JE Batty. (Parents/Carers Comment)
- John E. Batty brings the best out of my children, and probably the same goes for the rest of the school. The teachers are interested in the childs personal needs which they adapt too. (Parents/Carers Comment)
- Real sense of belonging. Teaching staff respond to smaller issues. I feel that we have been positively responded to on several occasions in relation to my son and his needs. (Parents/Carers Comment)
- A brilliant school with really supportive staff. (Parents/Carers Comment)
We share the results of our survey in full with the school community.