John E. Batty, like all schools, has a group of dedicated people appointed or elected, who meet regularly to discuss and work for the well-being of the school. They have a great deal of influence in school management – particularly over long-term planning and developments. They work in partnership with the head, teachers and local authority, considering issues as wide-ranging as curriculum policy, the school premises, staff appointments and finances.
The school has two parent governors. Election for these positions takes place every four years. Should any parent wish to contact the Governors, they can do so by calling the school office to obtain contact details. A meeting of all governors is held at least once during each school term. In addition two further committees meet every term. These are:
- Premises, Health, Safety, Finance and Staffing Committee
- Raising Achievement Committee
Introducing the Governors
- The Vice Chair of Governors is: Mr Robert Stanway (Local Authority Governor)
- Staff Governor: Mrs Julie Norris
- Co-opted Governor: Rev. Rachel Harrison
- Co-opted Governor: Mrs Lesley Webster
- Co-opted Governor: Miss Patricia Rutherford
- Parent Governor Mrs Hayley Lambert
- Head Teacher: Mr Martin Kitchen
Further details can be viewed in the download section, along with the current committee structure and remits.
If you have any questions about the role of the governors, or would like to contact one of them, please do not hesitate to give us a call.
- Governor Committee Structure and Remits
- John E Batty Attendance Register
- John E Batty’s Register of Business Interests
- John Emmerson Batty Membership List