At John Emmerson Batty Primary School the welfare and safety of children who attend our school is our primary concern. We promote the health, well-being and safety of the pupils in all we do.
Our children have the right to protection, regardless of age, gender, race, background, culture or disability. They have a right to be safe in our school.
All staff have a duty to report any concerns that they may have that any child may be at risk of harm or may be suffering harm, particularly as a consequence of possible abuse.
All adults working with or on behalf of children have a responsibility to safeguard and promote the welfare of children.
All staff at John Emmerson Batty Primary School undergo a thorough safer recruitment and vetting process. We have a Safeguarding Team which consists of:
- Safeguarding Officer, Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL): Martin Kitchen (Head Teacher)
- Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead (DDSL): Mrs Julie Norris (Deputy Head Teacher)
- Governor responsible for Safeguarding and Child Protection: Mr Robert Stanway (Vice Chair of Governors).
If you have any concern about the welfare or safety of any child in our school community, please contact a member of the above team by calling 01642 483697. Alternatively you could make an arrangement to meet through the school office. Your concern will be treated as a priority by the team.
We also have excellent links with the Local Authority Safeguarding Officer, Mrs Marianne Dixon. Through this link we are furnished with:
- Up to date safeguarding information.
- One to one training for the Nominated and Deputy Nominated Named Persons.
- Individual advice and Guidance on request.
- Staff and Governor Training
- Access to Local Safeguarding Childrens Board Training